Tuesday 14 February 2012

HARRY'S HELPERS GROW IN NUMBERS....

Happy Valentines Day y'all!! Hope you've had a good un..

I've cooked soup (can you cook soup??), then Steak and then opened a packet of Peanut M&Ms for the wife @jamo79, so hope I've done enough to keep me in the good books...;)

I am writing this whilst watching "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" and I'm still not sure what to make of that programme.  

The lads fight, the girls dirty dance and the 'grabbing' leaves a lot to be desired.  However, it would appear that after the layers of foundation and the bravado are removed, it would appear that there exists a community based on some sort of 'christian code'; they are god-fearing, respectful to their elders and seem to be happy.  There must be issues that many may have concerning these travellers, and dare I say, I would hate to cross any of the 'burly-buggers'.  However, and from a 'fly-on-the-wall's' point of view, all seems fun!!  Especially now I'm onto my third large glass of Valentine's Shiraz.  Yummy...

Back to Harry...and it would seem that the topic of the day is not wedding dresses, mahoosive cakes and scantily-clad guests, but DONATIONS.

People are approaching me thick and fast to see how they can help and a few more have been confirmed today.

The super talented Deborah Moses at the Silver Zebra @TheSilverZebra ...


has said that she will donate a piece of amazing glassware worth £400 as one of the evening's auction lot. The piece will be a 'bowl of marbles' which is quite fitting in that, to me, it represents Harry's bracelet beads.  

I am hopeful that this should raise some serious money - I may even put a bid in myself as her work is truly spectacular....go and have a look !!!


The remarkably quaint and lovely George @jorgieporgie from DainsintheCommunity, and Dains, the regional firm of accountants and business advisors...


have donated an awesome luxury champagne spa day for two at a stunning Birmingham 5 star hotel...another remarkable donation which will raise some serious money for Harry's fund.  Check their services out here

The fun does not stop there.....

Terry Eleftheriou from TerryTerry Accessories @terry_terry ...


will be donating jewellry from their new range for the Ball's raffle and will also be helping me sell tickets....This kind hearted chap's range can be seen here.


Thank you to you all....a MASSIVE TIP OF THE HAT TO YOU...

More updates to follow - don't forget to add me on @BRUMMIE_PJ - and remember that all the work done so far has been achieved without a single email sent...Just waiting for the relevant sign offs and once emails are sent out I am certain more details will be released thick and fast....

As for ticket prices, many many many many people have been asking me how much these will be..

Nothing has been confirmed yet, and I am still working on the menu costings, but I am trying really hard to work out the correct pricing-structure to enable the ball to be accessible whilst also enabling us all to raise thousands of pounds for such a awesome cause.

A few conversations with the more experienced event-planners suggest that there will be 3 levels of table-prices...

Each table will seat 10, each guest will be able to access a one-hours free champagne reception, there will then be a swanky 3 course meal with wine, followed by a charity auction, special guests and awesome entertainment....all at the truly amazing ICC.  Tables will be pin spot-lit and it will look amazing:




It will be a great opportunity to dust off that black tie and/or little black dress, party in style and raise awareness for an amazing cause.

Tables of ten will start at around £1,000 raising to £1,500 for more corporate-biased tables (with branding, advertisement etc).  Might sound alot but it's once a year and will go a long way to keep Harry's dream alive..Individual tickets will also be available.

Specific details will follow.

Spread the love!!

#ripharry

#theharrymoseleyball

#makingithappen

Check in soon for a blog on my cycling mad muckers @CyclingForHarry!!!

Much love

PJ

x



1 comment:

  1. All coming along nicely buddy. "mad muckers" haha. You know us well

    ReplyDelete